Out of many symptoms of heart attack, chest pain is considered to be the main one. It’s a leading cause of most of the deaths all around the world. But how would you know that your chest pain is really indicating a heart attack? The term is quite misleading. A heart attack doesn’t always consider being painful or pain in the chest.
Chest pain can occur from several of conditions. Among so many complaints chest pains, only 20%-30% of them are diagnosed as a stroke, angina, or heart attack.

  • A chest pain can also be one of the warning signs of a stroke.
  • For some people, it can be a life-threatening issue such as aortic dissection or pulmonary embolism.
  • Sometimes regular angina is a problem which occurs due to the reduction of oxygenated blood in some part of a heart because of emotional stress or physical exertion.
  • Others have diseases which are totally unrelated to heart or arteries.

Although, most of the chest pains have nothing to do with the heart still you should never ignore the chest pain. There are some diagnoses to identify the chances of a heart attack:

Most likely to be a Cardiac Chest Pain:

  • Feeling of pressure, pain, burning, squeezing, or tightness.
  • Pain in the middle of the chest and also in different areas.
  • On & off pain on regular intervals.
  • The sensation of pain with the other symptoms like nausea, difficulty breathing, or a cold sweat.
  • Extended chest pain towards left arm, jaw, neck, or back.
  • Pressure or pain while emotional stress or after physical exertion.

Less likely to be a Cardiac Chest Pain:

  • A knife-like sharp pain while breathing or coughing.
  • The pain only on one side of a body.
  • Pain continues for days or weeks without showing any heart problem symptoms.
  • Few seconds of sudden stabbing pain.
  • Reproduction of pain after putting any force at the chest or body motions.
  • Pain which is present only in one spot.

It’s better to be safe. So no matter what you know, always go with your sixth sense. If you’re suspicious or confused just visit your nearby doctor.